At Laleham C of E primary School, our vision is to develop a school community where children can enjoy a welcoming, secure, happy and healthy environment, where everyone can develop self-confidence, self-esteem, self-motivation, independence, compassion, tolerance and understanding of others.
At Laleham, we support the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils.
At our school we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
We promote a mentally healthy environment through:-
- Promoting our school values and sharing our Christian ethos
- Promoting pupil voice and opportunities to participate in decision-making
- Celebrating achievements
- Providing opportunities to develop a sense of worth through taking responsibility for themselves and others
- Providing opportunities to reflect
- Access to appropriate support that meets our children’s needs
|Goals and personal achievement, rewards, having fun, relaxation
|Love, relationships, family, friends
|Nurturing pets, plants, gardening, sleep, food, belonging
|Helping others, feeling good about yourself, giving
|Exercise, being outside, feeling connected to the environment
Please see below some links you may find useful.
For adults supporting a child
Anna Freud National Centre For Children and Families
Adults supporting self, other adults or teens