HSLW / ELSA
While Parenting can be fun and rewarding it can also be challenging and we believe we can all benefit from support and guidance at times. Our home school link worker (HSLW), Mrs Ellis, is available to support the parents/carers at the school with any worries or concerns they may have about their child/children or their home circumstances while at Laleham.
During term-time Mrs Ellis works in partnership with parents/carers, school and other agencies to support families, aiming to reduce barriers to learning and prevent future difficulties.
Who can the HSLW help?
- Children who are withdrawn or anxious.
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties in managing their child’s behaviour
- Parents/carers whose children are not attending school or who have been excluded.
- Parents/carers who may need support/advice on a wide range of issues impacting on their family life, e.g. illness, separation, domestic violence, bereavement.
- Parents/carers who would like help and advice with filling in forms such as school admissions, free school meals, special educational needs, housing, benefits, etc.
- A meeting with your child if it is decided that this is of benefit. Before I work with your child I will ask for your consent. I will also seek your permission to share information with staff at the school or with other agencies. EXCEPT in situations where a safeguarding concern requires me not to.
How to contact the HSLW
You can contact Mrs Ellis during term time by contacting the school office on 01784 453556 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org marking the email for the attention of Mrs Ellis.