Why do a careers fair? We want our children to:
- be inspired by what people do in both business and charity work
- become aware of the range of jobs available in life, including running your own business or working for companies and organisations
- begin to think about what they might like to do
- see how what we do in school prepares them for later on in life
What will it look like?
On the morning our hall will be transformed into a careers fair! The children will be visiting the different stands, talking to the adults from the various business and organisations on show. Some stands will have practical demonstrations, and even freebies! The children will have a careers passport, with the chance to fill their passport with stamps and stickers as they visit the stalls.
The careers fair will then be a great opportunity to talk with adults in the world of work.
We need your help!
Would your business or organisation be able to run a stall on the career fair? Perhaps you work for a large company, run a business, work in the public sector, or are retired from a profession? We will supply a table and chairs, and electric points can be made available for a laptop or equipment. You could bring along vertical banners, hands-on activities, leaflets and freebies, and can have one or more adults to help run the stall. We’ll even provide refreshments.
Remember, the purpose is to inspire pupils and engage with them in thinking about their aspirations.
Do you have more information if I am interested in helping?
- We have held our careers fair this year. Our next careers fair will be held in 2024.
- Children will be visiting the stands between 9am and 11:20am. You are free to setup from 8:30am. We need to finish by 11:30am for setting up lunch
- There will be approximately 410 pupils visiting the stands on each day.
- You are welcome to bring freebies. Please avoid food items due to allergies.
- Our children will be keen to engage with you, and ask questions about your organisation.
- If you are bringing resources that could require a risk assessment (e.g. foods, machines or chemicals etc), then please do mention this on the registration form. Engineering/science firms for example may have hands-on equipment to bring.
- Laleham C of E School reserves the right to validate a business/organisation’s compatibility with the ethos and values of the school, and may in exceptional circumstances decline the offer of support.
If you have any questions or need to find out more, please email email@example.com